Tag : card challenge

62 posts

Missed opportunity. Boo Hoo! I missed the deadline for the Paper Pals Card Challenge by a few hours. Oh Well, I LOVE this card. So glad I was inspired by this challenge’s sketch.

6a00e54f95df92883401b8d0efaff4970c-320wi

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My some times partner in design, Cheyenne Luken, came over this morning to make a card for this sketch challenge. We went right to work. I had already envisioned  how I wanted the cute little girl to pop out of a star showcasing herself within the star and her frame. As always, we are not only challenged by the sketch and/or color layout, but we are in competition with each other to see which one of us will change our card to look like the other one’s card. LOL

So, it started. I wanted to use the Blendabilities I had purchased on this sweet girl. We pulled out the very few I own and thus began our creation. Since we haven’t used the Blendabilites a lot, our artwork can look a little odd (to say the least). But, with many corrections, we came out with a breathtakingly awesome card.

Just to reflect on the process for a minute; here’s how our cards came to be.

Don’t you know, it seems you make a major mistake when you are almost finished with the card. Well, I was trying to use a brown Blendabilities marker to darken the edges of the paper where I had cut the girl out and the edges were glaringly white. Well, I should have used a regular black marker because the Blendabilities marker leaked onto the arm. Argh! I redid her arm, cut off the old one and adhered the new one. Then, learning from my mistake, I used a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker to touch up the edges and made a misstroke and marked a black line on her other arm. Argh, Argh! So, I redid this arm, cut off the old one and adhered a fresh new arm. Thought I was finished, other than placing my star on my paper.

Cheyenne had placed her girl lower on the paper and asked what I thought. I said, I was going to place my girl higher. Cheyenne thought this was a good idea, but upon my earlier instructions had covered the back of her star and girl with Stampin’ Dimensionals and adhered her to her card. She would have torn her paper mats to pieces to try and move it. I think it looks fine just where she put it. I noted the card needed a sentiment, and Cheyenne chose the “You’re Picture Perfect” that came with the stamp set from My Favorite Things.

Cheyenne had considered how to place her girl within the frame; to have part of the frame under the star, all of the frame outside of the star, etc. She placed her girl, but once I had finished mine and placed mine the way you see it. She changed her girl to match mine (she must have done this after I took a picture of her card).

I had also tried several times to add a blush to my girls face with the color lifter and one of the red Blendabilities marker. What a mess! I got most of the “mess” off and was happy with my card . . . . . UNTIL . . . . I walked by and noticed my girl’s face looked very, very pink in comparison to Cheyenne’s peachy skinned girl. So……I redid my girl’s face and her arms (so they would match) and her hair; cut out her head and arms and adhered them to the card. I added the blush to her cheeks with an aqua painter and Regal Rose ink (this is discontinued the supplies show Pink Pirouette, which will work just fine). I added the sentiment and took pictures of both our cards. I came inside and cropped the pictures and noticed, my sentiment was off-centered!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I repositioned the sentiment and retook the picture. So, without further ado, here are our pictures.

Framed SweetheartFramed Sweetheart Luken

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

non SU! supplies: MFT stamp set: Pure Innocence Picture Perfect

Supply List

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

I am really on a roll. I received an update from http://livelovecards.com and went to explore what was new and came across the March card challenge using a stencil. My first thought was making a gingham type background using the stripe stencil from Stampin’ UP! I placed it on the diagonal and sponged using Wild Wasabi and Old Olive inks. I tapered the amount of ink on one side of the card as a highlight effect.

The next step was going through my framelits to determine what type of mat I wanted; then, on to finding the right stamp set. I was inspired by a couple of bird nests on our front porch, and it is really warm here in Georgia, and Spring is right around the corner, and. . . . . .  So, I chose Nature Walk utilizing the bird with its nest popping off the page.

Here is the challenge card I made for Live-Love-Cards:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stamp Set: Nature’s Walk (discontinued)
Stampin’ Write Marker (discontinued): More Mustard (Crushed Curry would work as well)
Nest: Pulled apart the ribbons and then glued to card

 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

PAGE TOP